1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More freedom at RT than at CNN or NBC or Fox

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BTExpress, May 23, 2019.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So says Rick Sanchez, former news anchor in Miami who has found a home at RT.

I didn't care for him, his bombastic style and his station's "if it bleeds, it leads" credo in the early 1990s. But he's presenting a more mellow, sophisticated style these days. Among the tidbits in a nice story by Linda Robertson:

How Rick Sanchez, a Miami kid raised to hate the Soviets, ended up working for Russian TV

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

RTExpress praises RT. Film at 11.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It probably is better than Fox News.

I try with CNN sometimes. I can't make it through an hour, usually.

I prefer to read news.

Liut likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hate CNN because they take one news tidbit and flog it to death for a whole hour. Or more.

Baron Scicluna and Liut like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

So, the anchor says his current employer is better than his previous employers?

Well blow me down.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was he the one who got canned after saying on the air Hawaii was off the coast of Ecuador?

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nah. He made some remarks about Jon Stewart that didn't go over well.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Then the next anchor repeats the whole thing during their show. Rinse, repeat all day long.
    Just think of the actual amount of time spent on the one question of "will trump testify"? Since you don't watch much, luckily you missed it, but others will get it.

HanSenSE and Liut like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I mean, I can see how being unable to point out the global Zionist media conspiracy would seem restrictive ...

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've pretty much quit watching, but second your point. Another annoying thing all three of the 24-hour shit-cycle networks seemed to do was WAY overuse the terms "breaking news" or "happening now." I'd see video slugged "happening now" that was an hour old.

I also understand it's a lot cheaper to have a studio full of "contributors" and "consultants" yap, yap and yap than send a correspondent and crew out to cover stories. So, as Alma alluded to above, I'm reading even more now than in the past.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted