1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Looks like my response yesterday did not go through, so I will just give you the highlights.

I do think you have a little projecting going on, I always think of you as someone who thinks they are superior and know better than everyone else.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"For all that, the Democrats chomping at the bit to hold Trump to account are having a good week already, whether they know it or not."

Champing, Wilson, champing!

SMH

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That’s not the order of succession, which is unfortunately how some folks are reading Frum’s tweet.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Boostraps! I walked up the hill both ways to school when I was a kid! (Insertotherself-centeredclichehere)!

Most academic scholarships aren't full rides. They are partial, still leaving a significant financial burden for poorer families. You really think encouraging more of a focus on chasing sports scholarships is a good idea? You want to tell people from poor families that they have to see athletics as the way out?

All I was saying is that free college education is just an extension of what we already have, public education through 12th grade. The line currently in place was put there arbitrarily and moving it could help create a more level playing field. There are plenty of reasons that hasn't happened, but programs like Excelsior in New York can at least make the situation better.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes.

Why would anyone ever want a better-educated electorate?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

While other countries (Germany) make college free for its citizens. But, it’s fine. America can continue being the world’s C-minus student while telling the rest of the globe how great it is.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And all I'm saying is that extending the free education just delays the winnowing out. If everybody has a college education, the value of a college education goes down. This isn't a complicated economic reality.

Where do you stop? Just college? Because I think it's unfair that a disproportionate number of PhD holders are white and upper middle class...

I think everyone should have the opportunity to go to school for free until they decide they don't want anymore free education...

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Now going fully into paranoid psychotic mode, Trump might start ordering slayings of his critics by, say, end of June?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, the type of college would still matter. So would the type of degree. Of course, stopping after college would be an arbitrary point, but it would be a more common one. Much smaller percentages of the population get a PhD.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

“Strategery!”

[​IMG]

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They’re gonna winnow regardless of who pays because you’re still going to have people fail out academically. In fact, you could add the stipulation that the government ceases picking up the tab after one academic suspension (which would have killed off about 25 percent of my freshman class).

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.