1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

No big deal, but I read Plaschke et. al. saying the Lakers should have known Magic was too busy to run the team, but I never read anything about what Magic actually does all day.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Magic probably takes meetings. He has a lot of business interests. My guess is that he is a rainmaker. If one of Magic's business partners takes him to a meeting they get treated a lot better. And who is going to turn down a golf date with Magic?

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I sat next to Marv in the Bradley Center media room in, I think, 2011. He was gone even back then.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

K’wine and dine is so freaking clever.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

His cinema in PG County Md less than a mile from FedEx Field was good for about 6 months. Then crime swarmed around it and it turned to shit.

He’s a front, a beard. He is well paid to be the face. But he provides little equity and knowledge. But lots of publicity and open doors

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

KD likely has a partial calf tear. I'd be surprised to see him in the Finals at all.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seeing how hyper sensitive KD is, it has to be a dagger seeing the Warriors run on all cylinders without him.
    The 1972 A's won the World Series without Reggie Jackson.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

KD and LBJ would be Bridesmaids 2

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Klay Thompson's exclusion from the All-NBA list will result in his leaving the Warriors.

#TVHotTake

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I cannot imagine voting for the NBA Awards knowing leaving Thompson off the team means he can lose $31M by not qualifying for the supermax. I stress enough over the NHL version, and nothing like that is on the line

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That coast-to-coast rebound and dunk by Giannas was so fucking impressive.

My God, he’s great.

Draft saved Draft deleted