1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

counterpoint mister poopy pants

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't think you're wrong. But a lot of Trump voters are stupid, and they consistently vote against their self-interest as a result. It's hard not to point that out. It's human nature.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The information in front of you indicates members of the Trump campaign did do some things, but it there isn’t enough evidence to prosecute.

That’s what the Trumpists don’t get.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The amount of evidence was irrelevant because Mueller was working on the presumption Fuckboy could not be indicted regardless of the volume or content of the evidence.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when Trump took part in a cover-up of the murder of a Saudi journalist?

HanSenSE and goalmouth like this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

sad soybean trombone is good, and easy to win

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

makers and takers

garrow likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, you probably do. You just won't admit the parts you don't like.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A sincere question: Is it for or against the economic self-interest for, say, the poorest 25 percent of America to be politically accepting of undocumented immigrants whose willingness to work for below-market wages and conditions hoovers up steady work that otherwise would have to be farmed out to the aforementioned poorest quartile?

I mean, liberals can talk of self interest - which, I dunno, doesn't interest me as much as other things - but they often do so in the context of socially/ideologically acceptable group interest. But I'm not actually sure undocumented immigrants working in those jobs, helps poor people. Even as the poors are supposed to be ideologically aligned against the rich, it's worth noting rich industrialists have beautifully capitalized, on purpose, on globalist trends that allow them to have factories all over the world, where workers make a fraction of what American would.

Another question: Is it wiser to make elite college expensive and baseline college completely subsidized - thus diminishing the baseline experience because everyone has access to it - or is it wiser to end all subsidization, make colleges compete on cost instead leaning on guaranteed loans, and make a baseline college degree really worth something? Is it in the self interest of poor Americans to advocate for better access to a credentialing process (which is all college has become) that quickly becomes obsolete when newer, more advanced credentials are required for certain jobs, or is it better to advocate for a system that ultimately ends "degree creep" because fewer in the workforce would be able to afford them?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, the parts I don't like is how long it took and that it didn't find enough shit to make any kind of move.

I expected as much, for what it's worth. If Mueller had found collusion - if it were that real a thing, a true slam dunk - the report would have been handed in the minute they had it cold. If you find the smoking gun, you don't go looking for fingerprints two states over for shits and giggles. So obviously they didn't find it. The discussion then turned to whether or not, over the course of expansive investigation, Trump lost his temper and good sense enough to obstruct the search for circumstantial evidence in lieu of the smoking gun. And, I dunno, yes, let's say he did. I can read that in the report, that Trump inferred. But, Jesus, inference of obstruction? Or, "well, he wanted to but nobody listened." This is what we got after 2 years?

It's as good a reason as any why Trump can't be president for four more years. He can't get a thing done. His guts are hated in every nook and cranny of government. The body has rejected the liver transplant, so to speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.