1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

AEW will needs some heels, do you think Punk eventually signs with them?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It's about time somebody gives the European Championship the respect it deserves!

Batman likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

Why is Kofi getting attacked by a stand-up comic?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You know, at some point, I can see referee John Cone go up to a guy (Truth would be great) just to say hello. The guy would be all nervous until Nicholas shows up, then the guy relaxes, gets hit by someone, and Nicholas pins him and becomes the champ. He then goes to school, and has to give up the title because the school complains that kids keep trying to pin Nicholas on the playground.

JimmyHoward33, Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  5. nietsroob17

Kofi 2 Belts.

6. John B. Foster

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The green strap is part of WWF lore. The first WWF belt Hogan held was a big gaudy one with a green strap. I think the Intercontinental title from about 1981-1984 or so looked like that too.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

So in the last day there have been stories that Massaro was drugged and raped by members of the U.S. military while she was on a WWE goodwill trip and Vince asked her to not mentioned it and potentially ruin the WWE's relationship with the military.

Now I get that wrestling is what it is and it'll never be taken seriously. But if the owner of a billion-dollar publicly-traded company is trying to cover up one of his "independent contractors" being raped on a company trip to protect a relationship with Uncle Sam that seems like a pretty big deal, even if Vince and Trump are boys. Like that's the sort of shit that stockholders MIGHT have a really big issue with.

9. nietsroob17

Damn. Double shoulder surgery. Looks like we won't be seeing Ruby for a while.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Not to thread jack but whats it got to do with Trump? Ashley wouldve been on tribute to troops what a decade before he considered running?

11. John B. Foster

I wonder if the E cares about tweets like this.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think Bruno, Graham and Backlund had
    a green belt too.

There is tradition around it.

Draft saved Draft deleted