1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I might have said this here already -- check search -- but Shannon Tate was so hot that not even Margot Robbie does her justice.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Tate had a rounder face. Robbie's is more angular.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

John Wick 3 was a good popcorn flick, if ultraviolence is your thing. As is usually the case when a franchise begins to dig deeper into the cool, mysterious elements, it ends up with some eye-rolling moments of expository dialogue.

Also, there’s a few times when it’s apparent Keanu is jumping the gun in fight scene choreography to keep up with his younger or nimbler costars. The final gun battle is worth the wait.

But all in all, lots of laughs, lots of gasps. Plenty of moments where Mrs. jlee and I looked at each other with a wide-eyed “did that just happen?” stare. Not for the squeamish.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lotta white people in that movie.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

New Terminator movie trailer dropped. James Cameron is back. So are Sarah Conner and Ahnold. Looks interesting, which is more than I could say about the last couple of films.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That actually does look decent. I still may wait for Redbox or Netflix, but it seems like a better approach than the last two.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize no director is going to turn down a jacked budget, but there was something great about the original being made for a paltry $6 mil. ($14 mil in today's dollars).

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Re-watched "Fatal Attraction" for the first time in years. Had forgotten how damned good Glenn Close was. She donated the costume collection from her entire career to my alma mater a couple years ago, which included the black leather jacket and white dress from Fatal Attraction -- though apparently she kept the knife. That's gotta be a fun conversation piece if she carves the Thanksgiving turkey with it or something.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I told my buddy after watching that “he left Anne Archer for that loony!!”

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Anne Archer was absolute gas in her day.

playthrough likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. I was right there with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted