1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Good one, and I should state that I mixed her up with judge jeanie pirro. I would say perino is trumpy, Pirro is full on wacked trumpette. (as we know)

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, I mean in like, criminal matters.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Offering choice is a morality. The 2nd Amendment - which offers the free choice of bearing arms - is often debated for its morality.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So if Christians in America, like me, would love to see a reduction in guns in the name of what we think is a Godly world, we’re bad?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. I know you keep trying to tie these two issues together, but they are drastically different.

Allowing people a choice is not forcing a morality on them. It is the exact opposite of forcing a morality upon them. It is allowing them to choose what they believe is the proper morality for themselves.

You keep repeating the same dishonest and/or idiotic point, but it won't make it true.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Allowance is a conscious moral choice.

If, tomorrow, we banned the purchase and possession of all AR-15s, we would be removing the choice to buy or own them. As of now, people have that choice. If those lax rules aren't amoral, what's all the protesting for?

Same with any environmental regulation. If we removed all regs and laws as it relates to pollution, would we not be allowing for choice? Isn't that allowance - for people to decide for themselves - a moral choice unto itself, given that we know some people would abuse the environment greatly as a result? Of course it is.

This isn't even a complicated matter on its face.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The judge was elected and is a Trumpist.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If he'd said "Speedwagon," he wins the Internet.

Side note: I can't help but smile every time I see or hear Ben Carson. He's so clearly a fish out of water and over his head, yet simultaneously arrogant because he can do great things as a surgeon. I half-expect him one day, to lean, smirk and say, with great condescension, "You do realize I have no idea what I'm talking about, right?"

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

at least he is a man of great faith

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.