1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There was pretty much no one left to be hostile against her. Hell, only four members of the Golden Company survived, and they didn't last much longer after it was all over.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Let's face it, the chick had a death wish. Hell, she stood there with her back to Tyrion, whom she knew had betrayed her, and allowed him to walk right up to her. I thought she was gonna get shivved right then.

I thought it would have been interesting to have the counsel meet BEFORE she was killed, to discuss who might take over in her absence, so that that was settled before she was killed and the dragon torched the iron throne. The counsel meeting just turned out to be lame, then everybody getting their Kareem-is-retiring walk away moments was such sentimental trash. The show was never so sentimental as it was in the finale.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

What was so tough about designing a net to shoot at the dragon? Take away its ability to fly.

Arya killing the queen and Jon taking the blame would have been a better ending.

Who knew brothels were government-run?

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

You wanna try to get close enough to a dragon to hit it with a net? Not gonna happen while it's flying. Also, its teeth, claws and, well, fire would probably be enough to get out.

It had to be Jon. He helped it happen. He was passing the death sentence. He had to carry it out.

Not government run. Just given government grants to get them back in business. It's disaster assistance, targeted in a certain sector.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

19 YEARS LATER
    "But, dad -- what if I get put in house Lannister?"
    Jon kneels before his son, puts a hand on his shoulder.
    "Tyrion Eddard Night-King Snow - you were named after the bravest men I ever knew and a magic zombie..."

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

"Stop looking at your sister!"

Killick and heyabbott like this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

In the macro, for the realm, everything we saw meant nothing. As if they’re not all going to kill each other again when Bran dies, demand the Starks bend the knee, etc etc. It is as it ever was.

In the mirco, as far as the people we followed, many of the endings were appropriate and satisfying.

The final season will not be among my favorites. The finale itself for me was like a C+. It wasnt amazing but it didnt wholly disappoint or ruin the rest of the show.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. heyabbott

Won’t Bran live an extraordinarily long life as the 3 eyed raven?

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was just going to ask that. Doesn't he stay until the next one is born?

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

An interesting point. I have no idea. Would Tyrion have mentioned that in his speech? We have hundreds of years to get this right? (Or you could argue he’d intentionally leave it out so the families think they have a shot at the throne soonish)

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

So, is the wheel broken? Or just getting a tune up? And I ask this knowing we will never get real answers: bad omens

— Sansa wearing a crown and bran not. Now, Bran is cool with the north being separate, but what else does he see?
    — also, to the lifespan of bran stark...I don’t think the other houses full know he is the three eyed raven/all knowing. Several times, he has corrected people saying he is no longer Bran. Now, he was just like “yep, bran the broken, that’s me.”
    — and that begs the question of does bran know they (especially the iron born) will rise against him?
    — as for the wall and the Nights Watch. Jon sort of questions the need and Tyrion said there will always be a place for broken men and bastards. However, the first men defeated the others once before and then built the wall...how do they know for sure the white walkers won’t come back.

12. heyabbott

Job leaves his dagger in Dany. Drogon carries Dany away. Dany becomes the Night Queen with Jon’s valerian knife.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted