1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I didn't hate the ending. Although I kinda knew he would, I don't like Bran being king. He basically started all of this when he decided to play peeping tom. I enjoyed the early season (3?) where he was pretty much not even shown and hoped they had written the character out. I think Gendry would have been the ideal choice.

- I liked Sam's Federalist Papers speech.
    - My first thought was Jon got the shaft, but the more I think about it, he got a good ending for himself. He wasn't fit to be a king and seemed most at home with the Free Folk.
    - I don't like how the Unsullied and Ironborn essentially had veto power over how things would play out. The Unsullied are newcomers, and there can't be that many of them left. Other than the fact that I guess Grey Worn had Jon prisoner, their demands should have been swept aside. The Ironborn have always been insignificant and either stayed out of the final showdown or were on the wrong side of it. As it turned out, the Unsullied and Ironborn turned out to be California and Florida in the Westeros Electoral College.
    - The Dothraki needed to be put on ships back across the narrow sea. It's not like they are going to become farmers.
    - Bronn got better than he deserved after the way he did Tyrion.
    - I would liked to have seen more from Dorne. They sat out pretty much the whole deal and still had a place at the table in the end. From all descriptions, if I was king of Westeros, that's where I'd move the capital.

- Addendum: Why is there still a Night's Watch and a Wall for Jon to go to? The Night King and his army are gone. The Free Folk seem to get along with everyone.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    heyabbott likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Of course in Game of Thrones, only a sister would know this about her brother!

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

upload_2019-5-20_9-3-26.png

Congrats to JRoyal, who had 27 correct answers.

I for sure had 26 correct, and then we can debate if I get the +1 for saying "no one" ends up on the Iron Throne, which is literally true ;)

cyclingwriter2, JRoyal and Webster like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Darn. I knew a couple of weeks ago that picking too many dead was going to sink me.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The spinoffs are all prequels.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The best possible use of that time was to let a great actor show his craft.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered reading that somewhere, but we can dream, dammit!

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Does this mean I sit on the SJ Iron Throne?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You weren't watching the show you thought you were watching.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

... which exists today in the exact same way the Westeros Iron Throne exists ....

JRoyal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted