1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And thank you very much, as Johnny Miller would say from the 2006 U.S. Open.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Now it's over.

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

My apologies to Harold Varner III who was in the final pairing. On a whim I bet him on Sunday at +10000.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Birdie out of shoot then I don’t think he hit a straight shot the rest of the day. Feel bad for HV3, would have been an amazing story.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Koepka is an amazing player but generally kind of boring. That can change really fast.

Four wins in the last eight majors he’s played. He’s going to be the deserved favorite for quite some time.

Didn’t get to watch a lot. But with it drying out and a bit of wind, The Black Course showed how much pain it can inflict. Love that place.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Had he shot +3, everything else being equal, he would have won 431 K. He won 36K.

Ouch

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Chute.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Will be worse when Bethpage hosts the Ryder Cup, but don't hold your breath expecting the PGA of America to do anything about it.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They actually did make changes, mostly related to alcohol service, after the '99 Cup at the Country Club.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That'll look like a three-day Trump rally.

Draft saved Draft deleted