1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Huh?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I love it enough to hold it accountable.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Getting real tired of hearing the abortion debate center on the pregnant women while the people that impregnate them face no repercussions for their actions. It’s interesting how all of the blame is focusing on the woman for possessing the receipt for sex but men face nothing for providing the cash. As I said a couple of days ago, I’m more than happy to have a pro-life debate as long as we’re passing additional legislation that makes the man involved fiscally responsible. But then again, we’re dealing with religious fanatics who hate the idea of teaching sex ed in schools, so maybe they don’t even know how it works. Maybe they believe a stork comes.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There’s a few interesting ideas in here but you can’t introduce “accountability for the bad dads” without also introducing a voice for the good dads who wouldn’t want the fetus aborted. You could but it’d be ideologically ridiculous.

If you think men are shitty horrible creatures who should be blasted into space for what they’ve done to women or could do to women, you can just write that. As it stands, the existence of abortion allows said fathers to evade accountability. “Why didn’t you get an abortion?” is an argument men make. After all, it’s a woman’s choice. Not a family’s choice.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It is not evident to me. I can’t think of an iteration of America that ever might have pleased you.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It’s right in Trump’s wheelhouse.

And how convenient some of the pardons will be for Blackwater mercenaries who worked for Erick Prince, brother to Betsy DeVos.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Who had "pardoning war criminals" in Bastard Bingo?

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Or maybe - when you come down to it - isn't it time that pro-life women start telling men what to do with their bodies?

100% of pregnancies these days are caused - directly or indirectly - by men. Vasectomies are also getting cheaper and more easily reversible, So, it's obvious. Mandatory sterilisation for all males at the age of fifteen (can't be too careful, now.)

Once the male is in a committed relationship, they can apply for a permit to reverse the operation for a limited period. I can't see why this wouldn't be swiftly granted.... of course, unless, they don't have the financial resources for a suitable middle class childhood....

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

i'm sure this is fine

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Remain calm! All is well! All is well!

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, so if the man has a legal say in the pregnancy, what would prevent him from ordering her to have an abortion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.