1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Trump's supporters don't love him for his policies. They love him because he's a gleefully crude racist asshole. Pence is boring. To Trump supporters he might as well be Biden.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dude who stabbed a captive to death is going to get a pardon.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Here’s a good and thoughtful tweet from a journalist about Iowa.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you really really do believe the precious unborn fetus is really a baby, then guess what fuckboy, you cannot support exceptions for rape and incest.

Because if it is really a baby, then it doesn't matter how brutal or vicious the rapist was who fathered it, and it doesn't matter if the biological sire is blood related: the innocent baby doesn't deserve to die because of its sire's brutality.

Yes bearing the child puts additional physical risk on the mother, and there is a higher chance of genetic deformity. It is entirely possible such children can be born normally. Ask Ivanky. In either case the child does not deserve death, except in the vanishingly small number of exceptions for the literal life of the mother.

Strange you should be so nitpicky about the particular exception of rape and incest. Hit a little close to home?

But then again, if you don't believe the fetus is really a human life, and you couldn't really give less of a fuck about it anyway, you could erupt in an exasperated huff, "OH GREAT!!," as you did when the Slovenian Slutt told you she was pregnant with Barwood. (Just testing you.) Or, you could demand, "What are you going to do about it?" as you did with both Melania and Marla when she was pregnant with Teefanee. Or the 100+ plus honeys you sent off to the abortion mills.

7. PCLoadLetter

I am always a little befuddled by people who make a big deal about the rape/incest exception. There's absolutely no moral defense for it. (And I'm solidly pro-choice.)

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Nobody chooses to be raped. If somebody becomes pregnant as a result of consensual sex, they knew or should have known that might happen.

A rape victim didn't make that choice.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

So murdering that baby is OK?

If the pro-life view is that abortion is taking the life of an unborn child, why are some babies OK to murder?

10. Smallpotatoes

Sorry, I just don't have the heart to say to a rape victim "Tough shit. You shpuld have thought about it before you were raped."

11. PCLoadLetter

I don't either. That's in part why I'm pro-choice.

To be pro-life but to be in favor of a rape/incest exception is essentially to say some babies are OK to murder. It's not a defensible position.

OscarMadison, TigerVols and lakefront like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

I am also pro-choice. I guess for some who want restrictions on abortion access it's possible to feel some empathy for a woman who is in that situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.