1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I believe that'd be your point.

I'm no particular lover of military combat, as my posting history shows.

I just find it strange you'd pick on the soldier when, all the way to the top, a lot of military folks like combat the way career DOJ folks like meddling. You kind of get into the biz on the off chance it'll happen.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I would too. My dad was a Marine officer who was involved in his share of conflicts and he never said anything like that.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think if Trump is willing to let them commit war crimes, they're willing to overlook those things.

Besides, liberal soldiers and military families aren't really soldiers or military families.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm picking on anyone who would say "We signed up to fight" because that is an abhorrent viewpoint to have.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They signed up to shoot unarmed girls and stab people lying in bed. Amurrrikka Fukk Yeh!

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yep. "We signed up to serve" or "We signed up to defend our country" are the correct viewpoints. "We signed up to fight" makes you a fucking nutjob and I would prefer you weren't armed.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can think of a simpler reason why he didn't like Obama.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They might make better decisions at the ballot box.

Mostly though, I was pointing out your absurd comparison of the US to other countries in the world.

Canada and Japan probably don't need to consider their global role in quite the same way Americans should, do they?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not to mention that certain elements may decide, if US military personnel are utterly beyond justice, it might be an idea to take justice to them.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Yep. He was Presidenting While Black.

11. Smallpotatoes

If we need to have our troops stab wounded POWS who are receiving medical treatment or take them out to a field, strip them and shoot them in cold blood to win wars, then wars aren't worth winning.

lakefront likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure we do. We have them in churches and elementary schools too.

The SEAL he's pardoning was turned in by other SEALS for murder and brutality. They're not exactly SJWs.

He shot a 12 year old girl in a flowered chador while they were both under observation by a sniper, who witnessed what happened. The President shouldn't be within a mile of this guy.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.