1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A1936950-697C-4EB5-8790-1B29D1F77C57.jpeg GOP. You know you want it. Bitch.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shoulda known coming out in that flowing gown and a blindfold. Just asking for it.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Trump Shows Signs He Will Pardon Servicemen Accused or Convicted of War Crimes

He pardoned Michael Behenna, a guy who stripped a POW naked and shot him. Now he's going to punish a guy who shot an unarmed girl and stabbed a teenager who was injured and in a hospital bed.

I know some servicemen and veterans think this is a good thing, but "We signed up to fight and we want a President who is going to let us fight" is not a valid reason to respect a President.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I would question the mental health of a soldier who said "We signed up to fight."

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You think everyday Americans need to have an appreciation for our military presence worldwide and the US’s place on the security council?

Of course, the second issue is whether said awareness would lead to the conclusions you’ve made yourself about this place. Putting oneself in another’s shoes does not equal assuming the worst or the best.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Better start questioning then. Generals too.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Tell that to the millions who desire to immigrate or attend college here.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's your point? That we have violent, possible psychopaths in the military?

BadgerBeer likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am very sure news of these pardons will spread quite rapidly among any armed group opposing the US and will result in very bad stuff happening to our service people.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know a guy who's like that. He thought Obama founded ISIS. He said the military didn't respect Obama and Obama didn't respect the military because guys like Behenna were prosecuted under Obama. Reading between the lines, I think what he was saying was Obama didn't let them fight and that's why they didn't respect him.

As I said, that's not a valid reason to respect or not respect a President.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Luckily for those dudes, Trump has never shown disrespect to those in the military or relatives of those who have served.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t change our history.

Go back to looking for that hard left. Should be here any minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.