1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nantz starting out with his usual drivel about Koepka not getting his due.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I meant from here on. Not the past.
    Failure to make the cut here, to be competitive in his next tourney after the Masters, makes that look flukish. What we’ve so far is that he can win or disappear. That’s what I meant by kingman.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You mean like every golfer on the planet?

Chef2 likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How can you have famine at a Perkins?

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Our go to breakfast in the 80s after getting wasted at Bombay Bicycle Club

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Didn't to see much today. Sounded like the winds were up and it was playing a lot tougher.

No matter. I'm not usually one to say something like this, but the PGA really was over on Thursday.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, Koepka could always sign an incorrect scorecard. It happened once. Seriously, he got there this week, thought "this is a perfect course for me" and then went out and validated his thought. His long drives land so softly due to their altitude he could bomb it and still mostly avoid the deep crap.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't think Koepka will duplicate Roberto DiVicenzo. "What a stupid I am!"

But, let's face it, if he DOESN'T win the PGA, that will be the story, not who won it (see also: Paul Lawrie winning the Open as a footnote to Jean Van De Velde hacking it away on 18 all those years ago.)

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This post will probably end the skid, but Koepka has made three straight bogeys on holes 11-13 and now only leads DJ by three. Three's still a lot, of course.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Watching on the PGA app in 30th Street Station. Just when I thought drunken Long Island mouthbreather couldn’t be more of a troglodyte after yesterday they start chanting “DJ! DJ!” After Koepka hits one in the rough.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Down to 2. The collar’s getting tighter.

Draft saved Draft deleted