1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

After Trump became president, the village wells dried up, and the river turned to sand. The crops were swallowed by the earth, and the animals laid down and turned to dust. Then one night there was a fire in the fields. The men went out to fight the fire. When they came back, the women were crying in the darkness.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Trump's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in — DISAPPEAR — you'll never see him again. With any luck ... he's got the Grail already.

Baron Scicluna, Alma and garrow like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That is exactly where we differ.

You hit me, I hit back.
    I hit you, I expect to be hit back. I may try and dodge the punch and protect myself, but I don't whine that it's an outrage and unacceptable that I was hit.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't be concerned about how we are viewed by other countries. I think that is one of the many ways the Trump administration has hurt this country, by making us look bad, especially to our allies.

What I am saying is I'm comfortable making the United States the priority. Somebody else messing with a U.S. election is unacceptable no matter what has come before.

7. outofplace

You're still not getting it. The current administration won't even acknowledge that the United States was hit. In fact, they are lying to cover it up and seem to be averse to taking any steps to prevent it from happening again. That's a problem, one that you can't seem to see, so you keep finding yourself on the side of President Trump, a man you claim to despise. You'd rather back Russia than the country where you live. I don't know if President Trump realizes how much of his success is based on people like you being duped into working against your own self-interest in one way or another, but it is a significant factor in getting him this far.

8. outofplace

Just because an American chooses to put his or her own country first does not mean they can't see the bigger picture.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Cut to Trump wandering like an idiot through, where was it, Marrakesh? Iskenderun?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Do you think, say, Canada does? Or Japan?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because your side is using it as a sword over their head to claim they are illegitimate.

Just last week Hillary said to the 2020 candidates, "You can do everything right, and still have the election stolen from you."

The current administration will acknowledge the US was hit just as soon as Hillary's side acknowledges that "WE LOST!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.