1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

57.1 percent driving accuracy and only hit half his greens but still shot 66.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Koepka birdies first two holes with almost comical ease. If this keeps up, ratings for tomorrow may rival those of the Preakness.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tiger playing army golf so far. Gonna have to really fight to make the weekend.

4. Michael_ Gee

Three straight bogies for Woods to start the back nine to go two over the cut line. One fairway hit in 10 tries.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

missing the cut would be the greatest follow up to the Trump Prize

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Koepka's at 11-under now through his 15th. I'd say either it's over, or Greg Norman's '96 Masters will no longer be the biggest collapse in major tourney history. Since he just stiffed it on 16 to about five feet from the pin with his approach, I wouldn't bet on the latter.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I have Phillies tickets for Sunday and was kinda pissed I was going to miss the final round.

I’m not anymore

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Woods is not going to be there for the weekend, no shame there, there are some really good players who are missing the cut; course is damn hard. Koepka's performance so far is amazing. He's blowing the field away. Now will he keep it up? Got to believe he will because he's already a proven player who can close it out. A Norman collapse? I have no problem saying even at this stage, he's got more cojones than Norman ever did. (And already more majors!)

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nice work, Tiger.

Rich fuckin Beem made the cut and you didn’t.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    playthrough likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Incredible performance by Koepka so far. It's not over but it's 95 percent over. All he needs to do is shoot 70-70 on the weekend and Jordan/others at 5 under need to shoot 67-66 just to make a playoff. And Koepka is a keep-the-foot-on-the-gas player. Back-to-back U.S. Opens AND PGAs is damn impressive. Looking forward to seeing him go for three in a row at Pebble next month.

11. Michael_ Gee

Koepka has missed like three fairways so far. Long as he is, nobody can catch him unless he starts missing plenty of ;em. Both his bogies today were from tee shots into trouble. This baby is over.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My youngest kid has a ballet recital on Sunday afternoon and I'd been wondering for weeks what the heck I'd do. Not real concerned anymore. The only storyline that would really interest me now is Spieth making it interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted