1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Tweets like that really make me uncomfortable.

The US is not Iran. I get that Vox co-founders tilt to the left. I get that it's kind of a joke. I just don't get the value in equating the two nations. I mean, how self-hating do you have to be?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't look at us, we didn't vote for the fucker.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not saying its going to happen, but I do wonder if among the greybeards in the GOP there have been "discussions" about Trump's weak prospects in 2020. On the one hand, if it looks dire - I can see them throwing the baby out with the bathwater if it gives them a better shot at getting one more seat on the SC. On the other - the party might need to lose the WH in 2020 with Trump in order to rebuild.
    There seems to be more skepticism from the non-lunatic fringe on the right. Cavuto, Hume, etc. The polling below indicates he's a drag in more R states than he is a boost.
    The States Where Trump Is More (And Less) Popular Than He ‘Should’ Be

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Lord. I hope so.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I suspect this is why Mueller's staying on the payroll. No way in hell Barr would do this.

garrow likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You actually think that was the motivation? Haven't you claimed in the past that the U.S. helped Putin take power? You don't actually think he cares about anything but his own power, do you? Even his goals for all of Russia serve his own purpose, to glorify himself.

The issue here is what the U.S. does and this is why I keep pointing out that you are supporting President Trump. This country should be denouncing what Russia did. It should be loudly and publicly making efforts to protect its citizens and elections from future interference. It's not happening because to do so would be to admit Russia played a role in Donald Trump's victory in 2016. President Trump would have to give up a little of his own legitimacy to do the right thing and he is too selfish for such actions.

Clearly, you don't have this country's best interests at heart. I guess that puts you right there with an extremely high percentage of supporters of President Trump. You've been conned into working against your own self-interest. Except you made it easy for them because your primary sympathy was already with a foreign power to begin with.

The others who already pointed it out correct. You are engaging in victim blaming, which is pretty reprehensible.

9. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

How exactly does the text of that article support a "Trump stole" headline? As I read it, it says the largest beneficiary of the farm/agricultural industry bailout is a big U.S. meatpacking company that's owned by a huge Brazilian company. There's no mention of a link to Trump, and the company came into the U.S. when it bought Swift & Co. in 2007, not under Trump. The company may break laws in Brazil (not unheard of for large Brazilian companies), but this article seems to be based on vague allegations from a trade lobbying group that doesn't exactly seem unbiased. The article's main thrust seems to be that U.S. companies owned by foreigners shouldn't receive the same benefits as U.S. companies owned by U.S. citizens, which I assume would violate WTO obligations (not that that would normally concern Trump, but that's a different issue...) It also argues that profitable companies shouldn't benefit from the bailout, which is a separate issue.

I don't think the Trumpists are above structuring the bailout so that it helps their friends (didn't Obama's auto bailout put obligations to unions ahead of those to bondholders in violation of contract clauses?), but this article doesn't give any reason to think that JBS is connected to Trump or has done anything wrong in this case.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

are we going to catapult them over the wall

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

adderall morning

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

through perdition's flame through the maelstrom's maze from hell's heart i stab at thee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.