1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Igor had two years left on his deal. Wasn't it the point for the Suns to lose?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This was the year the Suns were going to break out and make the playoffs.

Then they fired the GM in the preseason and never replaced him, then gave the only point guard to the Bucks for nothing. They never picked up another point guard. The roster is garbage. They didn't even start the process of interviewing GM candidates until the season was ending.

Supposedly they planned to keep Igor and then decided they want Monty Williams, so they fired him.

I will be stunned if Monty Williams even considers that job.

Every time I hear that James Dolan is the worst owner in basketball I just laugh. Robert Sarver laps the field in that competition.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jazz finally got a W over the Rockets; as much as the Rockets are my teams' rival, I've got to admit the greatness of Harden (offensively), that guy is an amazing offensive machine in hitting those stepback 3s and then hitting floaters in contact.

The Jazz played tremendous D, somehow using a zone to clamp down once they got Harden to commit to below the 3 pt line; Quin Snyder is really good (no surprise.) IMHO if the Jazz started Favors and played small from the get-go, they could hang with the Rockets because Gobert is being rendered ineffective on both D and O (really bad hands and lack of spatial sense, what should be dunks are fumbles and TOs.) IF only Rubio could shoot a reliable jumper.....

Tweener likes this.
  4. DanOregon

That was a sick-ass three by Lillard. What a quarter. Now back to the Sharks.

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Who was the last player to hit a game-winning shot AND score 50 in playoff game?

6. DanOregon

I get so tired of people saying Lillard is underated. He's under covered. He's Westbrook without the attitude or PR rep.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fun fact

Westbrook missed 22 shots.

The rest of the team missed 19.

He seems to have become a better passer this season, but forgot that last night.

That shot for the win was ridiculous. How far away was he? I want a measurement.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s a terrible shot which went in. ESPN said it was 37 feet.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's been hitting those all series, though. Watched him hit three or four from 30-plus in Game 1. There's probably only two guys in the league I'd want taking that shot -- Dame and Steph.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'd want them taking it from 23 feet.

Why even have a coach?

Why don't guys take away the shot? If you know the guy is shooting, don't let him shoot in rhythm. Make him at least dribble to the right or left.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Want was the wrong word. Live with is more like it. PG actually defended him on that play. In Game 1 (the only one I really got to watch, since it was a Sunday afternoon), the Thunder didn't guard Dame past 23 feet, and he kept hitting 33 footers on them.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Billy Donovan should get fired, but it won’t happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted