1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No. Targaryans, not even Dany, are not permanently fireproof. What happened with her in the fire was a one-off thing at a particularly magical moment.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She did it again at the temple of the Dosh Khaleen.

outofplace and Killick like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The last two episodes of GoT were my first two episodes of GoT. It's like the first time I saw boobs: I haven't the foggiest fuck, but at least they're fun to look at.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

First two episodes of build-up and goodbyes. Figure it’s going to be huge action in the final four.

Loved the brienne knighting scene. And yes, as others have said, she’s dead. Heroically, I’d guess.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

You've ventured into epic territory when you get Martin co-writing a number sung by Florence Welch over the closing credits.

JRoyal likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I'm seeing Endgame Sunday afternoon. I may still be traumatized by the time I get to work Monday.

JRoyal likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

That lament is all over twitter. People are like "There's no way that I'm ready for this much trauma. I won't be worth a shit Monday".

It is completely plausible that we lose a dozen characters next week, perhaps as many as twenty. Good deaths and bad, brave and shameful, heroic and tragic and wasteful. The showrunners have so many options and so much emotional leverage. There are no limits to the variety of ways that they can tear our guts out.

9. Neutral Corner

You've got eight seasons worth of political infighting at the highest level, family warfare, prophecy and mysticism, blood feuds, religious strife, slavery, poisonings, assassinations, and combat all coming to a continent-wide head. Just roll with it.

It's well worth streaming, particularly now that you'll be able to see it completely through. There's a generation of actors who will have GoT in the first paragraph of their obit now.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Whoever they kill off I hope its crystal clear. No ambiguity or strange returns a few weeks later needed.

The whole Night King raises the dead so the crypts arent safe is a neat wrinkle in the theory that proof of Jon’s parentage is inside Lynna’s tomb. Good reason for the tomb to crack open and for Dany or someone to stumble on it

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Dany killing Jon would be the holy shit moment.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That was like the good bye dinner when you know you might not be seeing some of your friends ever again.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted