1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There was so much saying goodbye to characters last night makes next week going to be epic. I'm feeling pretty good about my picks with a couple of exceptions.

And it was a small scene, but Lady Mormont dressing down Jorah then returning to her posse was amazing.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Man, next week is going to be traumatic for me. Endgame on Saturday, where I'm sure at least one or two characters will die, and then the Battle of Winterfell, where I think the number of name characters that die might approach double digits.

BTW, that little girl with the burn who they sent to "defend" the crypt? She's gonna be dead too. And on that note, how horrible of an idea is it to send your women and children to a crypt full of dead bodies when the leader of the enemy forces can raise the dead with a wave of his arm?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

GoT Twitter is the best twitter.

4. Neutral Corner

You sound like 2/3 of my twitter feed re Endgame and the Battle. Time to buy alcohol in bulk.

Remember that scene in the preview of Arya fleeing something in the crypt? As to the little girl, I would not put it past her to have wangled an obsidian dagger and gank a wight or two.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much everyone in Winterfell who doesn't have a dragon to fuck off on is gonna be screwed next week. That whole episode was every single character there saying "Good thing I'm 3 weeks from retirement and I've finally got the respect of that one person I've always looked up to" and whatever else a character says right before they die.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So Jon can withstand fire, correct? Dany isn't buying it. I suspect Jon will be blasted with blue fire from the Night King's dragon, survive. She'll be like, well fuck.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  7. Neutral Corner

Brienne gets knighted. She's soooo happy. Dead.

Grey Worm and Missandei talking about what they're going to do after this is over? Both dead, and zombie Grey Worm fighting for the NK as a bonus.

8. Neutral Corner

She started that "How convenient" nonsense, and I'm thinking "He just rode dragons with you, bonehead". Oh, and zombie dragon has ice breath. It's hers he needs to look out for firewise.

Still, I'm not sure he's the one who needs to worry...

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

'Game of Thrones' fans are very worried about Winterfell's crypt

"What does Game of Thrones do again and again that makes it such an effective nail-biter? It blows up safe spaces. It creates danger where there should be none, and then it smears gallons of blood across the walls. Why would the final season be any different?"

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah no, Viserion has blue fire. Melted the wall and snow.
    Agreed on riding the dragon. I kind of thought a larger deal would be made of it instead of just, 'hop on let's go bitch'.
    And that meme with wheelchair on fire, hahahah

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

GoT twitter is high grade, and best I can tell, that one won the internet last night.

I felt guilty as hell laughing at that picture, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted