1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think you owe the Stooges an apology.

garrow likes this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We elected them and pay them to vote.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Robeson grew up in my town. Very little is made of that fact, even though he was such an interesting guy.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At some point an epic biopic movie could be made for Robeson.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All my life, the approval rating of Congress has been no higher than 40 percent and usually 25 percent of lower. Also all my life, the re-election rate for members of Congress has been near or above 90 percent in every election. Members of Congress avoid responsibility because it works. It works because Americans are by and large remarkably poor citizens. If they don't give a shit, why should their representatives?

lakefront likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand why it hasn't yet - but there is an Oscar waiting for the actor and writer who tackle that guy. Good luck finding an actor who can sing as well and not look ridiculous playing football. James Earl Jones would have been great (if he could sing) but they weren't making any favorable movies about communists in the '60s.
    Today, Idris Elba?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

There are some amazing black basses in the classical world who could sing and act the hell out of this role. But I know Hollywood wants name recognition.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There is zero chance Trump is convicted in an impeachment trial.

If the House Democrats impeach him and he is acquitted in the Senate, that means this particular remedy has been spent and Trump will be untouchable for the remainder of his presidency. He will have carte blanche to completely ignore the rule of law, shred the Constitution, make his own rules by fiat and trample any judge who gets in his way, and use his cabinet cronies to go after his political enemies. It could be the end of our republic.

That is why the Dems won't impeach him. And also why Trump and the GOP are starting to clamor for it.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.