1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He wasn't agreeing with me. He was saying you are waste of time. You misread his post. You misread my response. You're still trying to change the subject from your ridiculous statements, which you finally admitted were based solely on your own perceptions of the Democratic Party, which aren't really accurate. For a guy who claimed to be a sort of Democrat, you sure seem to like the talking points of conservative media and the dishonest rhet6orical tactics of the Republican party.

Also, it wasn't just one post about a turnbuckle. You posted multiple times trying to make that into a pissing match with daemon. You're still doing it here.

The funny thing is, you're right about one thing. I will metaphorically throw anybody against the turnbuckle. If you post something ridiculous, I will say so. If somebody else posts something ridiculous, I will say so. I don't think anybody is above criticism for what they post here.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A lawyer's take: (no I have not read the whole thing, I've got a f/t job):

The Mueller Report does exactly what it was supposed to do, it lays out the FACTUAL roadmap for prosecution by either Congress or someone with power.

Mueller did not believe he, as an agent of the DOJ, had the authority to prosecute Trump based on a policy he had an obligation to follow. I get that and don't disagree. That's the way government is supposed to work. FOLLOW THE LAW.

If the full factual roadmap has been released, it should be tremendous FACTUAL fodder to attack Trump AND people SHOULD listen, if they believe in the law.

Think of a District Attorney who has no jurisdiction to prosecute a Civil Rights violation but has done a full investigation of the potential defendants and he/she lays out a roadmap for the local United States Attorney. That's what the Mueller Report is.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, I see oop is still very oop. Alma had like a one line post noting the oddity of something you said and you just can't. let. it. go. And it was odd, why are you clamoring for "I said it first" credit over a post that was simply wrong?

And, fwiw, I don't believe Alma has ever claimed to be "a sort of Democrat." And he's sure as shit never claimed to be a Republican. The guy has his own views on specific issues depending on what he personally believes, uncolored by what either political party says one should believe. It's amusing to watch how people on this board have been befuddled by guys like @Alma and @BTExpress over the years. The lefty posters mistake them for righties, the righty posters mistake them for lefties, neither side is entirely correct. Man, them independent thinkers can be a trip.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You’re looking at a couple of people and extrapolating that as indicative of anything more than the opinions of a couple of people.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Until he unconditionally pardons himself the day he leaves office.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He will pardon everyone the day before he leaves office.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i know you were all totally exonerated but i'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy so you're getting pardons too

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It is a constant, useless refrain, but I've thought it today, yet again, more than once: Imagine if this were Obama.

Fuck the GOP.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t know why I’m so bothered by Sarah Sanders’ lie about Comey. Maybe it is smearing a good man. Maybe it is my hatred of that evangelical holier than thou bullshit. Maybe it is just the fact that we should expect more from the spokesperson of our chief executive. But it is just simply wrong and there will be zero consequences and she probably will be praised.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Dems just don't want to do what it takes to win.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.