1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No wonder she doesn’t answer questions anymore.

garrow likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Our Republic is doomed? Like, Roman Empire-dustbin-of-history doomed?

It's more than a "political winner or loser" conversation. It's "what's the point of impeaching Trump on this?" conversation. He could be impeached on a lot of things, really, including the hideous way he leads the nation in ways that don't break the law.

Impeachment on this feels like...I dunno. Such inside baseball. So much of our political discourse is inside baseball. "our Republic is doomed" is inside baseball, IMO. Doomed? No, it is not doomed. Mayor Pete wins the big election in 2020, we are undoomed.

I long for days when both sides agreed that the world as we know it wasn't ending every four hours.

Stoney, jr/shotglass and FileNotFound like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The paperback edition of the Mueller Report will have a foreword written by Howie Gottawaywidit, Esq.

CD Boogie and HanSenSE like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're punting to Congress?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not guilty by reason of incompetence.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I try to occasionally watch Fox News to see how they are covering various stories. I also, while admittedly often becoming frustrated, like to see what Mr Coffee and his type are writing about the news. I also do my best to decipher if I am falling into blind obedience to my party of choice (am I no better than the Benghazi truthers?). But what we have and are witnessing is actually really fucked up, right? Barr's performance is reprehensible right? This report does not in any way clear the president of wrong doing does it? Any right minded individual would look at these last few years and be appalled by the behavior of the White House and Republican leaders right? I popped over to the other board and a couple of local posters chimed in about this board being a clown show. You know who you are and that is fine but am I really wrong in my conclusions? Is what we are seeing really "not a big deal"? Should we not be concerned about this conduct? Is this business as usual? I will hang up and listen.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

on my phone and don't know how to copy, but if you google maddow nixon agnew can president be indicted, she talks about it.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Probably waiting for Rush or Hannity to tell him what to say.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you look back at the charges listed against past Presidents who were impeached - it's pretty clear that the offenses, lying to Congress, attempted obstruction, even failure to adequately staff agencies and of course making money off of the Presidency are impeachable and in a clear-eyed world, he'd be removed. But the process is political not criminal. It's the big reason why the Right is doing the full-throated "We won! Nothing to See Here!" victory dance straight out of the gate hoping to dissuade their base from reading the thing and seeing the details.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Netflix has announced they will be turning the Mueller Report into a series. It is called "Potential Obstruction" and will have ten episodes."

[​IMG]

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

it's not like someone tweeting or anything your trump derangement syndrome is terminal if this is how bad you're going to be like you really think this is a big deal and all omfg we're doomed because you need to remember that world powers of significant scale have a great track record of longevity so just focus on the inability of people of faith in flyover country to score online cool points like and share if you agree

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No. You're hoping to change the subject and distract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.