1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

ESPN just had its NFL writers pick teams' records following yesterday's schedule release.

You'll be happy to know it has them finishing a combined 32 games over .500.

Good job, ESPN. Good effort.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sorry, the double pronouns made the "them" ambiguous as to who you meant. I think I get it.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think the Raiders schedule could be worse. Losing a home game to London - whatever, and at least you have it after a road game heading that way anyway - but it's insane you follow that with bye and then two more road games. But it gets better - road game at the Jets, then all three of your divisional opponents all on the road in the final five weeks and back to back road games to GB and Houston and back to back to Minnesota and Indianapolis.
    Of course, maybe a lot of it is due to the team not knowing where it would play while this was going on - SF, Oakland Vegas. I'm guessing if it was Vegas and they didn't have to worry about baseball it would have been smoother.

6. DanOregon

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It would be hilarious if Murray falls out of the first round after the WWL has spent the past 4 months force feeding his greatness down our throats.

Edit: While my point still stands, the story that sparked it is from January...so I'm assuming the o/u is much lower now, right?

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

In March it was 2.5, per this site: 2019 NFL Draft Prop: Will Kyler Murray Be Drafted in the Top Two? | The Action Network - Hell of a deal if you scooped up the 'under' in the winter, of course.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the ESPN hype crowd was talking about Nick Bosa's tweets, and Todd McShay said, "I can't believe anyone in the NFL -- and I've talked to some teams -- would pass on a player because his politics were right wing or left wing.:" League just settled a huge lawsuit because it does just that. McShay's a fucking shill moron and ought to be, but won't be, re-assigned to the WAC and Pac-12 late night games for a decade.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I explained to one of our writers once that when you do a prediction column, all the records combined have to figure out to .500
    "They do?"

HanSenSE and Michael_ Gee like this.
  12. DanOregon

So much better than the dumb "toys" that they usually get, also much better than the "rookie dinner." Always thought the rookies should go to the place of the dinner write a check for $30k and tell them they should fake all the wine labels - and then when the line-men arrive tell them all the money under $50k will be going to a food bank to guilt the crap out of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted