1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is a fantastic point. Hopefully it sinks in with the unwashed masses that the big outlets being labeled "fake news" over and over again by the liar-in-chief were getting it very right and serving the truth in the face of his constant BS.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The one that has been going on throughout, the one you are trying to bury with your intent to create a pissing match between daemon and I. Unlike you, he seems to realize there was no real rebuke there.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I have no faith that will happen with the 35 percent cult. Hopefully fence-sitters who are paying attention.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The fact that the idiot declared "This is the end of my presidency" and he's still here, just emboldens him.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the actions or Trump Jr. and others isn't the underlying legal problem (if there is one). For one, ignorance of the law is no excuse. For another, they "willfully" took the meeting; it's not like it happened by accident.

At some point, aren't your actions who you are?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. swingline

I ask again: the president CANNOT be indicted, or he CAN but no one has the balls to do it?

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Yet, for trumps crew, it is the ammo they need to save face. His base just need the ag’s opinion. Crap, they don’t even need that. They will just use trump’s meme to justify their time.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Mueller didn't even have the balls to issue a subpoena, even though he had every legal justification to do so.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just pointing out that that case apparently set a new legal precedent.

10. swingline

What I'm getting at is, I see it written here and hear it on TV that the president cannot be indicted, which, if true, flies in the face of every democratic principle this country was supposedly founded on.

The next time I get a speeding ticket, I'll use that argument and see how far it gets me.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's base is not the point. It's not enough to keep him in office. It's the people who voted for him not because they particularly liked him, but because they hated Hillary or just usually vote Republican that are significant.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Narrator voice: They won’t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.