1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In my correct opinion, you are trying to make that the pissing match because he helped expose the crap you've been dumping on this thread for weeks. Once the argument is lost, try to change the argument.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rather than the point be lost, here is daemon's post. Alma seems focused on turning this into a separate pissing match rather than acknowledge the insightful interpretation of his recent posts.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Per CNN:

Robert Mueller's team declined to prosecute Donald Trump, Jr. and members of the campaign for campaign finance violations for their participation in the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower in part because they couldn't prove that they "willfully" violated the law.

Here's what it says in the report:

"Taking into account the high burden to establish a culpable mental state in a campaign-finance prosecution and the difficulty in establishing the required valuation, the office decided not to pursue criminal campaign-finance charges against Trump Jr. or other campaign officials for the events culminating in the June 9 meeting."
    Mueller's team explained: "The office ultimately concluded that, even if the principal legal questions were resolved favorably to the government, a prosecution would encounter difficulties proving that campaign officials or individuals connected to the campaign willfully violated the law."

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

so not likely at all, then

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i didn't know crimes were illegal my bad almost childish on my part

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

At a loss for words.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

He doesn’t need my defense, but @Alma is very thoughtful. Perhaps to a fault, here. You may disagree with his position, but I have no doubt he’s put some thought into it.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Enough with this pussy-footing. Subpoena Mueller and ask him questions. And for god's sake, can the guy and his office speak out already? Their silence doesn't engender confidence; it engenders the idea that there's no there there. "We're not saying he committed a crime, but we're not saying he didn't."

JFC, what a waste of time.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That's not "insightful" at all. The whole premise of that post is just plain wrong.

I've been reading Alma's stuff for many years and never once seen him identify as Republican, and many of his views are quite contrary to what Republicans believe. I'm confident none of his posts were motivated by a desire to protect the friggin Republican Party.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I read and responded to daemon's post. I already acknowledged its existence.

You read and rebuked daemon's post for not realizing you'd already scolded me.

What argument is there otherwise?

Stoney and Donny in his element like this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

oop: still undefeated.

Sea Bass, Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.