1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Some college football forum, as I recollect.
    Really nasty, menacing stuff.
    The kind of garbage you'd see on 4Chan.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

BTE, forum-wise, I've been down a few dark alleyways of cyberspace, as you might imagine.
    These communities where forum members are actively threatening violence in armed civil conflict with their countrymen, someday this shit will not be legally tolerated.
    It might be party-time during the Age of Trump (so bloody well enjoy it, for once, while you can) but the coming powers eventually will be asking you Mad Max wannabes to govern yourselves accordingly.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You’ll throw just about anyone into the turnbuckle, won’t you?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bad acid trip tonight?

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that Trump is the full-facial tattoo of the Republican Party. A lot of them were, “Hell yeah!” when the party first got inked, but as time goes on, more and more are beginning to be a bit embarrassed and regretful.

After a while the only folks who will remain happy with it will be lunatics and idiots.

But that stuff doesn’t wash off and the party will have to wear it for a very long time.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A lot of them weren’t “hell yeah” at all. Paul Ryan was basically “fuck this.” He left. (I don’t like Paul Ryan one bit, mind you, but still.)

They danced with the devil of Fox News too long, though, and there’s no way out. They gerrymandered themselves into dancing with Trump.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

No, I don't do acid.
    I also don't shake my tits for the Kremlin.
    And I don't have time or desire to dig up your post.
    You know what I'm talking about.
    You are the company you keep.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jesus, this a horrible take.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are so deeply troubled when others post the truth.

He made a very good point and he backed it up well, two things you seem to be unable to do of late.

He is also right that the entire argument is somewhat silly because the definition of "face of the party" is somewhat subjective. In your case, it is based heavily in your Fox News-induced biases against the Democratic Party.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

AOC is the face of the party on Fox, although she's in danger of losing that crown to Ilhan Omar. But if we are just measuring by the amount of TV news face time, I would bet anything Pelosi is the leading face. She has power, and TV news gravitates to power.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

So the guy who has repeatedly offered the most consistent critiques of Fox News and right-wing radio — and voted for Clinton, and has oft-described himself as a Christian Democrat — has been seduced by them and now espouses their narratives. It took a long time, but the propaganda worked.

Or, this argument is stupid.

The answer is obvious to 90% of the longtime posters here.

Iron_chet and HC like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You were the one who seemed bothered by it, considering you felt the need to add a “I said this first” post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.