1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pulitzer Prizes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Apr 15, 2019.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sad that you look at the list and realize a) that things that seemed to happen a while back are still quite recent b) that despite the excellent reporting - there still seems to be little movement on addressing the problems that were uncovered. Congrats though. Some amazing work in very trying conditions all around.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everyone.

The three finalists for editorial cartooning all free lance. I wonder how long until there will be no more staff editorial cartoonists. And for that matter movie critics.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Worth a mention here:

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The feature photography finalist entry about the face transplant recipient is a doozy. She was such a pretty young woman; I can't fathom what the entire journey was/is like for the parents.

6. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

The Sun Sentinel's Pulitzer for its superior work on the Stoneman Douglas shootings is much-deserved. Unfortunately, because of Tronc/Tribune Publishing cost-cutting, the desk editors who played key roles in fine-tuning the finished product no longer are around because they were laid off at the end of the year. I'm not an unbiased observer because I worked with many of those folks and still count them among my friends, but it's too bad they can't share in the triumph.

Draft saved Draft deleted