1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

When he wins one, and he will, I cannot wait to go back to the Tiger Woods thread.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know the membership's an alleged secret (although if you study the Masters' committees lists you get a good idea), but I'd be shocked if the Chronicle publisher wasn't a member.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Many of these same folks who laugh at ANGC for their terms will get pissy when someone makes reference to the “British Open” in a few months.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think I read somewhere once that the Chronicle publisher was a member.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

keep your friends close and your enemies closer

6. playthrough

I can believe that from a physical standpoint, yet on the other hand that sounds like Tiger sycophant talk. The truth is that he's in his 40s and the putter always is the first thing to go.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lol at you guys. It's like tiger is the only player out there leaving putts out there.

On top of everything else Augusta's app is first rate. Jesus, if I have to put up with patrons and second cut for putting out the best presentation in sports, I will gladly do it.

Enjoy your 4 minutes of commercials an hour again this weekend

I Should Coco and Sea Bass like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a matter of arithmetic. Woods is behind five guys, all of whom have won majors, and is tied with three others. Odds are for sure one and likely at least two of those eight go pretty low. So Woods needs to go low (at least another 68) himself to stay with the leaders. Can't go low without making lots of putts.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've heard more than a few interviews on radio this week with journos referring to the "patrons."

10. playthrough

Was on the road all day yesterday and listened to Masters radio, which is a bit of a different experience. Plenty of commercials and promos like "Delta, the official airline of the Masters" which of course you'd never hear on TV. Tirico was the host and at one point he read a promo for the, gasp, NFL Draft. But yes, still all the "patrons" and "second nine" references we know and somewhat love.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’ve made my dislike of Phil well known here for years but holy shit, did I laugh out loud at his blast on Kuchar.

playthrough likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It won't read any sillier than the "He's a shoo-in to crush Jack's record!" proclamations on some 2008 Tiger Woods thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted