1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True story about political houseguests. When I was a kid, one of my father's business friends was from an old rich New York City family with a four story Upper East Side townhouse. In permanent residence on the top floor was Alexander Kerensky, leader of the overthrow of the Czar who was then overthrown by the Bolsheviks. He'd been there for years, a guest of my dad's friend's dad and was just an accepted part of family life. I still have an autographed copy of Kerensky's memoirs, which are unreadable.

RickStain and Alma like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That’s a movie. Ring up A24.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Interesting thread for discussion:

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My ninth grade social studies teacher used that exact same line.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I am a deep, complex soul and I have enough hate in my heart to cover Assange, his Russian handlers and the U.S. government both pre and post Trump, all at the same time.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think almost all government documents — excluding those that divulge troop movements; keep your COMSEC handy — should be public record. We're all adults here. Open up everything, and let the truth rise to the top.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The line my freshman history professor used was it was neither of the three.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fake news.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Linda Richman: talk show host, historian

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Like OOP, Grenwald is a would-be American intellectual instructing us how to process certain things that have been thrust upon us by malign actors.
    I'll decide whom I want to eat shit and Assange has been near the top for a while.

Neutral Corner and RickStain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.