1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some were only introduced in the last few weeks, but others have been around for a while.

I don't think there is anybody left from the first episode. That is the difficulty in moving on with the show after Rick's departure. It has lost that common thread. Kirkman has said the comic books are Rick's story, though I think he has since talked about moving on without Rick at some point there, too.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Makes sense to take the one they did instead of how the book did it.

And, for the record ... a few of the people killed off last night had waaay more show credits on TWD than many of the ‘beloved’ original members of the show.

This is a zombie soap opera. So people come and go. You have to deal with it. I have chose to just ride the wave.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just got tired of investing in characters that didn't move things in any general direction. Each character should play even a tiny part in the eventual resolution. Characters don't live long enough to grow and have a sustained arc or purpose. I was hoping the show would be more of a exploration on how "mankind" would redevelop a civil society when the world goes to hell - or wouldn't, maybe even give the show a global warming-type subliminal metaphor. Instead it just plays like a gore-fest.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This might have been the best episode in a long time. This second half of the season has been compete shit. Even the loss of Rick didn't hold up to this one. It set Alpha up as possibly the biggest bad ass since the governor. With respect to Negan, his mystique really was the anticipation. Alpha is psychopathically getting shit done.

Some of the characters who died were some who you thought were going to stick around because they had more to do and more drama to inflict.

5. outofplace

It's both. Part of the point of the big moment Sunday was the horror involved in a struggle between the battle between those who have given up on society and those who are trying to rebuild it.

One of the characters in the reveal was introduced in Season 4. Another has been around since Season 5. Both had plenty of opportunity to develop and played roles in the overall story.

Even some of the newbies that were only around for a few episodes were given a little bit of development.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to more Highwaymen.

7. outofplace

I am curious to see how they handle Carol's reaction to all this. One of the enduring messages of this show has been that you do NOT mess with Carol.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It was a great episode. This seasons been better than the last few.

My dvr fucked me big time this week tho. Cut off after the shhhh. I remember seeing the epp wasnt long and thinking thats odd and extending 5 mins just in case.... of course it ran 20 over.

For half a day I assumed the big massacre would be next week. Read the avclub review and realized I missed it.

Really just a me problem but sucks nonetheless

9. outofplace

It was very annoying the way AMC did that. I had the same problem with my DVR, but I ended up watching it live.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Same thing happened to me. I had to watch it again on demand to get the ending.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. outofplace

Networks need to announce extended episodes ahead of time. Otherwise, they are screwing over their viewers.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Hardwick mentioned that some had issues with the taping. we did not.
    There is talk that it is a good time to parole Neegan. They have done a good job of changing the shows villain. I would be happy to see him talk on the bald %#&!.

Draft saved Draft deleted