1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints Beat Reporter — The Advocate

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TexasVet, Mar 25, 2019.

1. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

Sports Reporter – New Orleans (The Advocate)

The Advocate seeks an experienced beat writer to cover the New Orleans Saints.

We’re looking for someone who knows how to work an NFL beat. We need someone who can do it all — breaking news, film study, great enterprise stories, great features, multimedia, the works!

Since our entry into the New Orleans market in 2013, we have slowly earned our reputation as a go-to destination for Saints fans and football junkies who want the complete package. Our section has been routinely recognized in recent years as one of the best in its class. The Advocate won an APSE Grand Slam in 2018 and a Triple Crown in 2017. Our department has set a high standard, and we must continue to meet it.

We need someone who can come in and take over. Experience on an NFL beat is not required but certainly preferred.

Compensation: base pay and benefits package (health, dental, life, disability, vision, 401k with company match, vacation, holidays and sick time).

2. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

If anyone was wondering, Nick Underhill was the guy in the position. He left to become the Patriots beat writer at something called the Athletic.

3. writingump

writingump Member

If someone was interested in applying for this position, where would they need to send a resume, clips, etc.?

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Careers

5. Joe Schiefelbein

Joe Schiefelbein New Member

If anyone needs any info on The Advocate and what's going on there, and how they -- ahem -- treat people, I have a pretty good idea. Just email me at schiefelbeinadvocate@gmail.com. … I mean, hey, it's an NFL job, so there's that.

Draft saved Draft deleted