1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If the economy tanks like many economists predict they won’t care if he colluded. They’re going to care that they’re unemployed.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's saying that there's not enough hard evidence to prosecute even if something illegal was done.

Short term nothingburger. Lots of end zone dances incoming.

Long term, Mueller found veins of ore for others to dig into. We'll see.

I'm sure things will return to normal soon.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I could in fact see Putin receiving a report that contacts revealed the Trump people to be complete idiots and therefore a risk to the operation to be cut off from further contact.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not merely that. The media's gonna take a big, big hit on this. Huge.

For two years, so many media outlets used this investigation as its daily traffic driver. I've argued that the media's reliance on this report was as much a function of laziness as ideology - it was easy hits and there was a million people willing to speak to it - but that "fake news" claim? Trump will kick that into overdrive over time.

5. Neutral Corner

Might, might not. There may be an increase in people who figure the only way out is to vote him out. We'll see.

I figure the D's will be motivated. How that is expressed? That's the ball game.

6. Michael_ Gee

The standards the House Judiciary Committee might use to determine if obstruction is a "high crime" may be quite different from Mueller's.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Blame Obama.

8. Neutral Corner

This operation has been pure gold for Putin. With minimal risk and expenditure he has put the government of the U.S. on tilt.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'd like to think this is possible. This seems very unlikely. What prosecutor's taking this on? If the media does, well, who's going along with that unless there is a rock-solid, guaranteed paper/tape trail?

10. Michael_ Gee

What exactly was reported that was fake? The indictments, convictions and guilty pleas? That Trump was mad about the investigation? There was endless cable news speculation, but cable news speculates about everything 24/7. It's the eternal Super Bowl pregame show.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Michael_ Gee

There are like 10 ongoing investigations of Trump and the Trump organization right now. Remember the Southern District of New York? As for who will take it up, House Judiciary surely will. The longer Barr holds on to the report, the more it will seem, wrongly but inevitably, he's covering something up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.