1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Running NCAA/March Madness thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Mar 17, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

good to see kansas rounding into tournament form

Batman likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I were Tom Izzo and saw video of my game one behavior I would seriously consider retiring. I would be beyond humiliated.

This has been a reminder of how much people love to see abuse of college athletes, though.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe next time Izzo should ask him, "Pretty please, with sugar on top, do you think you could find the time to guard your man when we're on defense?"

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

No. Physically they are comparable in size. Zion is listed at 6'7" and LeBron at 6' 8".

But LeBron, even at 18, had the physical agility and ball handling skills to play point guard. Williamson and other great players close to James in size such as Karl Malone, could not.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Come on.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Point guards on bad teams tend to disappear.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Auburn, too. Purburn. Or Aubdue if you prefer.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Auburn UNC has all sorts of potential.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Do you think Bobby Knight was a beloved figure by so many in spite of his treatment of athletes? I do not.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This tournament needs more madness.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As much as John McEnroe was WRT his treatment of chair umpires.

People (generally) like to see passionate pricks flip their lids, damn the consequences.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Wait... with the thousands of hostile fans they face in the road, who are shouting all sorts of shit at them, we are getting worked up over a coach bitching them out?

A kid plays one season in college and goes to the NBA, where they are under a media microscope and fans are shouting “you suck” at them every minute of the game, we are worried about the coach bitching him out?

If you can’t take a tongue lashing about your play, what the hell are you going to do when you go to Duke for their chants?

Everyone is focused on Izzo, but, Jesus, look at the big picture. You want Izzo to stop then implement high school rules to fans at the games in college sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted