1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Performance art or actual idiot who cares more about pursuing liberal tears than the good of the country? I leave it to others to decide.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I like Pete. I do wish he'd give the honest answer here and let the chips fall where they may.

Some Christians - millions - vote GOP because of abortion. They're one-issue voters. I'm not saying they should be and I'm certainly not one, seeing as I've voted for a Democrat in the last four elections. But they'll overlook so many of Trump's weaknesses because, well, judges.

And I'm not defending that. But it's dismissive of the real discussion to say they voted for Trump out of pure power. It's the abortion thing.

A year ago, he did an interesting thing in South Bend when he vetoed a move from anti-abortion group that wanted to be right next door to an abortion clinic.

South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg vetoes anti-abortion group's rezoning

“Issues on the legality or morality of abortion are dramatically beyond my paygrade as a mayor. I don’t think it would be responsible to situate two groups, literally right next to each other, in a neighborhood, that have diametrically opposed views on the most divisive social issue of our time.”

Now that he's running for president, it is not beyond his paygrade.

When Buttigieg speaks on the "religious left," it does sound as if he wants to cut out anything offensive Jesus might have to say to liberals.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not abortion. That's just the cover story they tell themselves because "I'm a racist" sounds so unpleasant. But that's what drives "the evangelicals."

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Abortion is the fig leaf they’ve invented to give them the excuse to vote for the power. If Democrats caved tomorrow on abortion but continued to pursue an agenda in which white men were not sacrosanct, none of the religious right would budge an inch.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump has not issued a single tweet since Mueller filed the report. We must conclude he hasn't seen it, since if it was either good or bad for him he'd be all-capping WITCH HUNT as quickly as his stubby fingers could work his phone.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And they all know that a wildly promiscuous 72-year-old fucker who
    has been fucking bareback nonstop for 55 years, who has been widely reported to have bitched out his own wives for not aborting his two youngest children (whom he has made a practice of conspicuously ignoring), has by sheer mathematics pretty much certainly been personally responsible for 100+ abortions in those 55 years.

You really want to prevent abortions? Perhaps a Second Amendment solution would be effective. Who knows? We'll see!

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If no more indictments/convictions come down the pike via the Mueller Report, still seven people in his orbit so far have been sentenced/pleaded guilty. That's an INSANE number of people. If Obama....well you know.

So, if no collusion, there's a good explanation for Trump's insane "diplomacy" aka dictator kiss-assing in regards to Putin? See also: MBS and Kim Jong Un.

None of the above addresses his racist beliefs and deafening silences when white supremacists do bad things, his pathological lying, his violation of the emoluments clause, his abuse of power in regards to giving his nitwit/compromised relatives top secret security clearances, his contempt for any state that didn't end up in his column on election day, his frauds, his hush money payoffs, his.........

11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Count me as one person who is relieved to find out a foreign government HASN'T conspired to install a candidate as President. Which makes me wonder what actually is in the report.

(FIXED).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.