1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Good lord, that was a brain fart - especially since I worked for State while she was Secretary. Thanks for pointing it out.

Even with egg on my face, I still don't think she had the qualifications that Bush did.

jlee likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You can have all of the qualifications in the world but if you're not likeable to the masses, it's moot.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lots of people are "qualified" to fix my cars.

I go to somebody, however, who explains things well,. who tries to repair something before replacing it, who is willing to say "we can do that later" and who is easy on my wallet.

Somebody who fits MY needs gets MY vote . . . even if somebody else may have a much better resume.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

How many people are qualified to fix Ladas?

PCLoadLetter and X-Hack like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

THere was no reason, at the time, to offer an olive branch to Bernie's people. Looking back no one could have predicted 2 things. That bernie people who stayed home or voted for another candidate were as stupid as trump voters. and two, that the Russian intervention in the election combined with the media's inability to treat trump as a serious candidate with monumental failures would have caused her to lose.
    from clinton's perspective shoring up the right was important. Who would have thought the left would elect trump. But they did. Fuck you stein
    maybe trump pooped on his depends

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The best intelligence!

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Beats me. Japan is the only nation I recognize WRT automobiles.

HC likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Today's Laff Riot ...

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The best people

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always thought if Clinton had Trump's ability to embrace the hate and use it as a secret power she would have been more successful. If she had made the basket of deplorables in public on TV instead of behind closed doors - she probably would have won the election. The problem was - since it was kind of a private deal - anyone who was thinking about voting for Trump figured she counted them in that crowd, pushing them to Trump.

"I know there are only 60 days left to make our case – and don't get complacent; don't see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think, "Well, he's done this time." We are living in a volatile political environment.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.

But the "other" basket – the other basket – and I know because I look at this crowd I see friends from all over America here: I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas and — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that "other" basket of people are people who feel the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures; and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but — he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

— Hillary Clinton, CBS News[9]

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.