1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not. No. Not even close. She has a shallow resume as a celebrity senator and Secty of State. Not much accomplished. What did HRC accomplish besides having a great resume? Teddy Roosevelt. Eisenhower beat Hitler. HRC Couldnt best Rupert Murdoch. Stevenson. Kerry. Mondale. GHWBush.

And I’ll remind you that Lincoln was a one term congressman who lost a senatorial election. She has the charisma of a turnip and never displayed an ability to relate to the public. She’s supposed to be smart but she couldn’t over come her smug sence of entitlement.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Superlatively or not, she certainly was qualified. I think she would have been an OK president, largely limited by a GOP-controlled Congress that would make the Obama years look like the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial. That still didn't make her a good candidate.

Her own party spoke up in 2008 when she lost the primaries to a lesser-known guy with a funny name but a wonderful gift of oratory. Any GOP candidate (including zombie Reagan) was doomed in '08. That was her time. The Dem voters took a look and said, "Nah, we're all set." Message received? Fuck no.

This was unacceptable to Hillary, and she and the DNC "leadership" made sure in 2016 that no other candidates could enter the fray, including the VP of a popular two-term president. Ironically, this lack of competition is what opened the door for Independent Bernie to throw his hat into the ring.

They ignored 20+ years of AM radio/Fox News/Drudge/Breitbart work that went into ensuring half the electorate l-o-a-t-h-e-d her and, more egregiously, ignored what *their own party* told them in 2008. Passionate hate from 1/2 the population and the indifference of seeming inevitability from most of the rest. Not a great recipe. Turns out "I'm a woman and it's my turn" isn't an inspiring platform. The DNC's target voters were lukewarm about her at best and yet they were still all I'M WITH HER THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG. Fucking insane.

All that said, we as a country done fucked up and continue to do so, perhaps even more so given what we know and have seen.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This isn't fake news apparently.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

one of the great things about trump's interviews with Fox is that even though their mouth is firmly engaged in fellatio during the interview, trump is so diminutive that you can clearly hear everything the interviewer says.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Very much like the questions I ask when the analytics crowd swoons over a player. I don't give a flying eff how he looks on the spreadsheet, can he hit? Clinton is a spreadsheet superstar, but struggled on the campaign trail.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

An absolutely golden opportunity to strike back with the facts --- "No, I wouldn't agree. You lost the popular vote and needed razor-thin margins in a half-dozen states to pull it out. You had one of the unlikeliest victories in history but hardly one of the greatest" --- and she fumbles it away.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Liars lying about the liar's lies about lying.

Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She didn't have to go that deep. When he started talking about McCain and saying it's all the media's fault for asking about it, she could have said "But didn't you spend five minutes talking about him at a speech the other day? Nobody asked you a question then, right?"

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.