1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hoo-boy.

2. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

"arguably the most qualified" seems like a stretch. Off the top of my head, GHW Bush seems to me to have had a wider variety of experience, most of it successful. VP checks some of the same boxes as FLOTUS. Member of the House isn't too different from Senator. Director of the CIA and Ambassador to the UN & Ambassador-equivalent to China are things for which HRC has no real equivalent. Founding a successful oil company seems to me more relevant experience than being a lawyer as the governor's wife. Bush volunteered for WWII and I think served in combat; HRC didn't (couldn't and might not have anyway). Certainly the family he came from gave Bush lots of advantages that may have made it more difficult for him to relate to most people in some ways, but the military experience would've helped in that respect, and being Bill Clinton's wife gave HRC a lot of advantages too. What else...being an unsuccessful Senate candidate may have been a useful experience for him; maybe Bill's defeat for reelection would've been her similar experience. She wrote a book as FLOTUS; not sure he wrote anything before becoming POTUS. I suppose one could say that being a woman gave her experience relevant to half the electorate that he didn't have, but I doubt that's what you had in mind as a qualification.

I don't know as much about him, but I think Herbert Hoover would be in the conversation too.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Secretary of state?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the marketplace of ideas

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dangerous. Despicable.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's all wonderful. There's no debate whatsoever that Fuckboy has no relevant experience, not a scintilla, as a candidate for POTUS. On actual real-world qualifications, he isn't competent to run a fuckin' Burger King drive-thru.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I’m guessing that’s why he said “arguably.”

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Armstrong is the same asshole who fired a photog on the spot for taking his picture during a Patch meeting

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Except for that five-minute tangent during his speech in Ohio ...

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Long overdue development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.