1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A brief discussion on the idea of punching down on a dead senator/former POW...

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

I don't know how credible the source is, but I was surprised to read the statements suggesting that there's not much disability fraud. Two of my relatives are physical therapists who each say they've seen many people, including multiple families (in a white area, in case anybody cares; the article implies that Republicans who talk about disability fraud are promoting a racist stereotype) that have several members on disability with difficult-to-diagnose-or-find-evidence-of back pain. I know back pain is tricky, but each of these (relatively apolitical) women believes that a discouragingly large percentage of their patients are faking it.

Would you be as opposed to the Feds, say, crossreferencing disability applications with lists of triathlon or marathon finishers (pretty simple to get the latter on Athlinks.com) and then asking anyone who turns up in both places for an explanation? I doubt it would turn up any of the people my relatives talk about, but it doesn't seem as intrusive as checking social media.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

trump will tweet he got a hole in 1 on #5 at Augusta, the longest par 4 on the course.

5. heyabbott

I think that social security and therefore disability, though a federal program, is administered by the states. And the prosecution of individual fraud cases in a state prosecution. Medicare/Medicaid fraud is often a federal prosecution because they target the wholesale suppliers of medical goods who fraudulently claim reimbursement for patients who don't exist. I know that food stamp fraud is a state prosecution. Often its that the recipient works off the books and but claims they have no or little income. a couple of thousand a year at best. Not nearly the amount trump is shaking the government down on his vacations by making the Dept of the Treas pay over inflated prices to stay at his flea bag hotels

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Can't. Traffic quotas to reach.

It's a spiral of awfulness. They can't not talk about Trump for any length of time without some bean counter wondering where the Trump coverage is. And he knows it. He is America's No. 1 reality show.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

1) It's quite possible to be disabled and run a marathon

2) Just make Universal Basic Income a thing so people can live on their $800/month if they really want to without having to lie about it.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Twas the night before Mueller, and all through the White House ....

11. heyabbott

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.