1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

18D34C00-62EC-42B8-AB6C-1BDC9C17F2B5.jpeg

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

POTUS, harnessing the top thinkers of the age.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As many people have, I've pointed out that Saturday Night Live has ridiculed every President since Ford (and also took some shots at Nixon). A Trumper said that SNL is treating him worse than other Presidents and asked me to give examples of them belittling a Democratic President as much as they have Trump. I found what he said to be irrelevant and declined to answer. Maybe he's right and they are harder on him than other Presidents, but when you're President, people will ridicule you. If it's not SNL, it's somebody else (seems I remember him at the front of the line of people taking below-the-belt shots at the last President). Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it isn't, but it goes with the territory and if he can't accept that, he should resign. The guy said it seemed like a petty reason to resign. It isn't. In any job, you have to take the bad with the good. If you can't, you're in the wrong job. Nobody's forcing him to be President. If he can't handle the job and all that goes with it, he should step aside.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Don't make it so fucking easy for them to do it.

Obama was ridiculed less because he gave them a lot less material. Clinton was ridiculed plenty. Why? Because Obama didn't make it easy.

garrow and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm also pretty sure that they're ripping him more because they know it gets to him.

They're also under no obligation to go after anyone else just as hard.

I thought conservatives were supposed to be opposed to the Fairness Doctrine, BTW.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He barely knows the kid's name.

Remember, when Mama Melania reported she was pregnant, the God-Anointed Protector Of Life responded as follows:

First, by shouting, "Oh, great."

Then, by helpfully inquiring, "what are you going to do about it?"

"What to do about it," of course, mainly consisting of a quick call to Abortions R'Us.

Supposedly he made similar suggestions to Marla regarding Tiffany.

Birthdays certainly seem to be heartwarming dates around the Fucko household. More like, "Happy Congratulations, We Didn't Abort You Day."

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mind-boggling.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that, as penitence for allowing Sarah Palin to be his running mate, Jesus is making John McCain’s soul spend some purgatory time wandering among the fatty lobes and cobwebs of Trump’s brain.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I meant broader culture than hoops.

Being a Europhile was popular before Trump. My general impression is many liberals think this is a lousy, uncool place to live for lots of reasons and that, quite frankly, they’re better than the country America is and has been.

I agree America has some lousy in it. I disagree that I’m better than the bulk of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.