1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Fighting with my Family. I'm not a big pro wrestling fan but I still enjoyed it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

With all of the remakes of A Star is Born - really surprised nobody has flipped the genders yet.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love Chef.
    Never seen the movie though.
    Ba-Dum-Dum.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

THIS I will be going to see.

heyabbott and John B. Foster like this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Mississippi Grind

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kill Bill Vol 3 is listed as Announced on Tarantino's imdb page

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Leo and Brad bringing the A game.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

The Wild Bunch. Had never seen it, and it was on NetFlix. What a fantastic film. Essentially a heist caper set on the backdrop of the fading old west.
    Part of its legacy was how it showed violence aka blood splatters and women being shot. Routine today, but couldn’t help but wonder what a remake would look like. would it lose that luster with modern computer effects? Who plays the leads as long in the tooth gun slingers? Holden and Borgnine were about 50, but looked so much older. Would it be Freeman and Eastwood, who are both closer to 80? A final shot for Bruce Willis and Harrison Ford? The crop of actors who are 50 like the original actors include Will Smith, Daniel Craig, Owen Wilson, Josh Brolin, Terry Crews and Sam Rockwell.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. DanOregon

The Dirt is to film what Motley Crue was to music. It would be almost wrong if it was actually good. It plays like one of those E True Hollywood Stories or 90210 behind the scenes movies.

Though I am concerned that we're going to see more bands pushing to get their stories made into some self-glorifying (they think) film. It seems like it's a sudden trend with NWA, Elton John, Queen and the like.

About the only band I'd like to see a movie about is Fleetwood Mac, considering the various interpersonal relationships in the middle of their biggest successes.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  11. DanOregon

Finally saw Green Book. I understand the controversy. Surprised this story wasn't told before - and Shirley was the more interesting character. I just wish the movie did a better job of explaining who he was going in - he is portrayed as an incredibly lonely person with really no friends or family. Also thought the Italians were portrayed about as stereotypically as possible.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Us. Thought it was very good, not great. All of the performances were outstanding.

Thought it got a bit unfocused toward the end. And the twist was a bit obvious.

But worth seeing for sure. Entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted