1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In other words, yes, it was a neat thing to write.

It’s a more interesting critique than most critiques about America, though, again, the alternative didn’t seem better - even for Japan.

I can also see why America wants to restrict certain nations from having those weapons. But it’s a legitimate argument.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think there’s considerable evidence the Japanese were spared total destruction of their country with the use of the bomb, as hideous as it was.

If it were merely to save American lives, it would have been wrong. But it ended what many believed was about to be prolonged, brutal period of combat.

That said, it’s a legitimate argument.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I went to the search function at CNN.com on my phone and found 396 results Alexandria ocasio-Cortez. The last one is March 16.

Here’s part of that story, which includes a poll about her net unfavorability rating.

Ocasio-Cortez has done a very good job generating a lot of press in a very short time. The fact that over 70% of the public can form an opinion of a freshman member of Congress is statistically remarkable. For comparison, just 53% of Americans had an opinion of then-Illinois Sen. Barack Obama at the end of his first two years in Congress in Gallup's polling. That is, Obama wasn't well known even long after his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech and just before he announced that he was running for president.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Truman did it to scare the Russians.

For it to be about American or Japanese lives, he would have stopped at Hiroshima.

Nagasaki was to show Stalin we had more than one and the first one wasn't a fluke.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Save your smug for OOP. When you use the most destructive weapon ever created you cede moral high ground. I don't care what was strategically better. We took the most destructive weapon any country had at it's disposal and used it - twice - taking out many innocents in the process. Oh, we had many Japanese Americans in internment camps while we did this.

Americans bash this country because our entire history is a bunch of self-interested bullshit disguised as doing what's best for the world. I probably wouldn't care as much if this place didn't wrap itself in the Bible and religion, but they do.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I did the same search on FoxNews.com

There was a story on March 19.

Six stories on March 18.

A story on March 17.

Four stories on March 16.

Six stories on March 15.

But yeah. Totally. The reason 70 percent of the country knows who she is is because CNN is making her a media star.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

America has forever been about the business interests of rich, white men.

Not exactly alone in that regard, but it doesn't mean we get to claim moral superiority either.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Folks, we don't win anymore. Right? We don't win anymore. We don't win! We don't win on anything. We don't win on trade. We don't win with the military."

/
    what bashing america might look like

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Trump is the abusive boyfriend telling the girl that she's fat, she's ugly, she's a loser and she can't do any better than him so don't even try.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For me, the Deutsche Bank stuff is interesting, but banks make dumb loans all of the time to rich people. It only makes news when things go bad and lots of careers have been built on taking stupid risks which wirk out.

The real issue is still how he went from cash broke to buying hundreds of millions of dollars in properties in cash when money was dirt cheap to borrow.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So, POTUS admits there is collusion.....on the platform he uses obsessively.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Of course she's the antiChrist. She danced on a video in college [/bluefont].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.