1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

America exports an awful lot of culture. I imagine when people who live in other countries want to feel superior to America, they may judge it by Trump, but their consumption of American culture says they may embrace more of this country than they'd let on.

Americans like to crap on their own country a lot, though. It's kind of an American thing to do.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me this board is resistant to this idea.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect that a lot of people who are Democrats kinda like her fire, but are not prepared to have her set the agenda for them and resist Republicans who say that she is. I know that she does not speak for me in many cases.

4. Neutral Corner

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Having someone under 50 and not white represent the Ds is probably better than those usually out front.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

IMG_1125.JPG

I saw two trucks like this yesterday. I was able to get a pic of one. I had to crop out the oversized mud tires. Both drivers appeared exactly like your mind would envision.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    saw you checking out my truck...

heyabbott likes this.
  10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

She's a first term congresswoman from a very liberal district who is very good on social media and television. But her celebrity is in part because the conservative press, particularly Fox News, cover her so much. Being a celebrity of Fox News does not automatically lead to influence in the Democratic party.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    OscarMadison likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. Conservatives are the ones pushing the idea because they think they can use it to hurt the Democratic party. If they can actually sell it, they may be right, at least with their base.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Whether you want her speaking for the
    Party or not she does. Biden would make it interesting but he’s already under early attack for his busing views 40 years ago and his crime bill support 25 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.