1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Said nobody ever, but count on the pile-jumper to miss the point because he hasn't found an excuse to take a shot at me in a while.

Edit: Of course, the pile-jumper took a little dump on the thread and ran. It's funny how a discussion of the issues MLB has with built-in bullshit tend to leave so many here dumbstruck.

Baseball currently has a system that encourages teams to lie about the progress of prospects and there is no accountability at all regardless of how blatant the lie may be.

MLB also had an issue of failing to protect PED test results that it was bound to keep private by the CBA. The MLBPA dropped the ball for years on this one, either because it is willing to put the rules aside to punish PED users or for fear of being perceived as defending cheating.

But why engage in an intelligent discussion of such matters when take another lame shot at the same straw man you've been hacking away at for years?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bregman agrees to 6-year, $100 million extension with Houston.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The Jewish lobby strikes again!

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interesting decision by Bregman to let Houston buy out his arbitration years. He'll be 30 when this contract ends and past the point where teams will be willing to shell out a massive deal. Hey, he knows better than me what is best for him, but I think he's probably leaving a bunch of money on the table with this deal.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It just surprises me that such a great player isn't much of a draw.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Teams do receive a share of the gate for road games. Not game-changing money, but I'd rather be the Yankees playing in front of 2.8 million on the road than the Padres playing before 1 million, for example.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that bad of a deal. He's making a little more than 600K for this season and averages 20 mil for the next five years, not six. There's no way he was going to make 60 million across his three arbitration years -- Mookie Betts just got 20 million in his second year after 10.5 million.

He's made about 7.5 million through this year, counting his draft bonus. I'm not gonna blame a guy for taking 100 million deal. Plus being in Texas means taking home more thanks to the tax situation.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Proving he also doesn't know baseball

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Today is opening day for Major League Baseball. Can You Feel the excitement??

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mariners already won the first game of the season. Feels weird to hear a game go final at 6:15am Pacific

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Please God let there be audio of this somewhere..........

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think Bruschi shit himself when he said Derrick Johnson.

Draft saved Draft deleted