1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In a manner of speaking.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Kareem Richardson out at UMKC.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This carousel won't really get spinning unless Jon Wilner and Adam Zagoria succeed in their devout mission to get Tony Bennett hired by UCLA.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Will never happen.
    Bennett is too boring for UCLA. They honestly need Shaka Smart. He's not ready for the big 12 and the big 12 isn't ready for him. He would do really well in the Pac-12.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And there is NO way Luke Walton would go across town to UCLA - maybe Arizona. I think Gregg Marshall is the coach I'd be going after. There is no better coach to target than a formerly "hot coach" who decided to stay and is coming off a bad year. Musselman will be on a few lists - he shouldn't budge for anything less than an eight year deal and $30 mil. I don't know if his style would mesh with programs that routinely judge you on how many MacAAs you bring in each year.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Man, I miss the UNLV of the 80s and early 90s. Loved those teams.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I’ve seen Russell Turner mentioned as a long shot for the Hokie if Buzz leaves, but Marshall is also from Roanoke. Maybe he would be in play now that he’s not the hot name anymore.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Marshall is never leaving Wichita if he didn't leave 3 years ago.
    He makes 3.5 million a year living in Wichita.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Philly.com reporting Phil Martelli has been fired by St. Joes after 24 seasons.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And yet Chris Mooney survives ... sigh.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shockers have lost more conference games in the AAC than they did in previous 5 in the MVC. He wouldn't be the first coach to end up being the victim of his own success.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As I get older I appreciate even more how great that Duke team was to beat that undefeated UNLV team because I LOVED watching that Augment/Johnson/Anthony team.

Draft saved Draft deleted