1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's going in the Cabinet - Transportation, Defense, something. He'd also make a great Chief of Staff.

lakefront likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s ok. Most trump supporters can’t read. And trump can’t spell manifesto. Even his spellcheck is imported from a Slavic country

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think he's a far better candidate than Beto, say. But when your name is Pete Buttigieg, it's hard to compete against a guy named Beto O'Rourke. It's part of the horrorshow of modern American life, but it's also just basic marketing.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

typefitter and Elliotte Friedman like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ll hold my judgement on who’s a better candidate at this point. I want to hear a lot more from all of them.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear an interviewer or press conference question analyzing his tweets instead of asking normal questions like he's a normal President.
    "Mr. President were you disappointed that SNL was a repeat this week? Why are you so thin-skinned? You seem especially insecure about how you measure up to John McCain and other men who actually served in battle or have higher approval ratings than you - it clearly matters to you - why is that?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Baron Scicluna, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly where the media really is letting the country down. Every time they get the chance, they need to make the President verbalize the lies from his tweets, and then call him on it. It's really not that hard. "Mr. President, in tweet after tweet you claim the NYT is failing, and yet its quarterly profits have never been higher. Did they not teach you how to read quarterly statements at Wharton?"

"Mr President, you frequently Tweet that the Department of Justice must prosecute Hillary Clinton. Are you not aware that the DoJ is a department under your control and you could in fact force them to file charges against her? Why haven't you acted on that?"

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The universe does indeed have a sense of humor when we have a gay candidate with the word "butt" in his name.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So he’s rooting for his own constituents to be gunned down. Brilliant.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Claims to call for civility while lining up with the rest of the divisive wing of his party. (Obama)

Claims to have all the answers, except when confronted with his past. (Clinton)

Plays off his natural charisma, easy smile and coiffed hair to be a political Romeo for all the yoga pants mommies. (Edwards)

Sending him money is the same as lighting it on fire. Unless you’re a Republican PAC and you want him as the nominee vs President Clueless.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pompeo and circumstance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.