1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U coach: "I'm your new Hitler"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Any newspaper is going to use any text messages such as those supplied by that player. It was manna from heaven. One more coach who believes the local media should be on board, pom poms waving.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I guess Jason Brown found his Berlin Bunker.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Stephens main claim to fame is he can get a ton of talented SEC bounce back kids to go to fucking Scooba, Miss. and then take credit for how good they are. The best players are in Scooba because either they are struggling with grades or didn't work out at their previous post and need a place to showcase before going back to another P5 program. John Franklin has always been a 4.0 student and left Florida State because he wanted to play QB somewhere. He doesn't have to "rehab" kids and he wouldn't if he did. He could be any schmuck with access to a football field and a classroom. In terms of importance, he's way down on the scale compared to the person who handles their clearinghouse and eligibility issues.

I would never compare situations. Brown is in a shit situation in comparison and not a kid on earth with an ounce of sense wants to go there unless the place they are coming from is 10 times worse. It's not a showcase school, it's a fucking slum in the middle of nowhere. I don't know if he can coach worth a shit, but coaching football was probably 5th or 6th on the things he actually had to deal with day to day. They really should close down that program.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Any program where an administrator or some other Frank Diaz-type designate is checking to see if players made it to class should be shut down.
    Buddy has gamed a joke of a system, no question. No one except him gives a shit about titles, but he is able to get everyone else to buy into it.
    Whatever plateau Jason Brown has reached in his chosen profession has been fairly well earned, I think. He needs counseling, seriously.
    Buddy is a straight-up sociopath. Supposedly was an O-lineman at Delta State- I have found no evidence of that.
    Davern Williams and Marcus Wood were legitimate coaching timber among the guys I saw in the three seasons.
    The rest clowns, jokers, charlatans and wannabes.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

And as far as I know, Franklin is the only guy from the show who made it to the NFL, and that was just as a practice squadder.
    Isaiah Wright had NFL talent - too dim, too damaged to make it farther.
    Buddy did none of these guys any favors.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

D.J. Law was a monster out of high school but he's had coaches fuck him over from Day 1 instead of really trying to help him get his academic situation right. His coach at Haines City, some clown named Ron Johnson, had him sign like 2-3 letters of intent.

I think the linebacker from Texas Tech might get a cup of coffee in the league.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

8. HappyCurmudgeon

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Word is when they hauled Propst off the school grounds the day he was suspended, he was screaming “I’m taking all you motherfuckers down with me!” (Presumably, he meant the doctors who provided him with the pills and the administrators who enabled him).

I covered Propst early in his career and have called him from time-to-time over the years when working on features on kids who played for him or former assistant coaches (a list that includes Tennessee’s Jeremy Pruitt). He’s a dream of a source — always accessible, gives great quotes and is unafraid to talk shit about anyone, but he’s as sleazy as the day is long.

And just how dumb do you have to be to get $400,000 behind on your taxes? He’s been making six figures for nearly two decades —- hire a damn accountant.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They kept putting his name forward for UAB back in the day.

We said "Nopst".

Batman and nafselon like this.
  11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

You mean the guy that harbored a secret second family thought he could escape the hand of the IRS?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You'd think that with that many deductions...

nafselon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted