1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debacle that is TNT Players Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You ask me a question with 7 question marks, then you talk right past the answer.
    Maybe those studio-called games last season were so bad a) they stopped but b) I'd stopped watching by that time.
    Maybe you didn't pay attention last season.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I could be wrong... but I believe the TNT games are on scene and the NBA.tv games are called from the studio. That's not unusual for NBA.tv, as they take feeds from local broadcasts but don't use the local announcers.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Assuming that's how it works, my opinion is that the TNT games are unlistenable and the NBA TV games are abominations.
    I don't even understand why, if you pay them for League Pass, you can't avoid the TNT and NBA TV crews entirely and choose the road or home audio. I guess I do understand -- they hold us hostage for ratings -- but I disagree when they're getting our money directly.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I love listening to the Jet and Chuck during the NCAA tourney.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Webber is professional as is Anthony, Isiah is the very definition of smarmy, icky.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As bad as "Players Only" is, does it get worse than Breen, VanGundy and Jackson debating if Westbrook is just taking a bathroom break?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Bump. And. seeya.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Expects lots of dropouts in audio quality, given that everyone at Turner has to use AT&T mobile service.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted