1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor Biddeford, Maine

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by EdPierce, Mar 1, 2019.

1. EdPierce

EdPierce New Member

The Journal Tribune daily newspaper is Biddeford, Maine is searching for a sports editor to join the team. Great company to work for and newspaper has a new office and devoted local following. Position requires ability to write, manage and page production skills. Decent pay and benefits. If interested send resume to editor@journaltribune.com

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Went to a great brewery in Biddeford -- Banded Horn. Know nothing about the paper, but the town seems pretty cool and you're not far from Portland.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I like the Maine coast. The Seashore Trolley Museum is nearby if you’re a massive transit nerd (like me).

The owner has been slowly acquiring papers. He owns every daily in Maine but the one in Bangor. A primer: https://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/reade-brower-maine.php

I’d be interested in hearing whether that’s viewed as a good thing or bad thing by folks who are there.

4. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Portland is a pretty damn cool city. Turned into the Brooklyn of New England pretty much overnight, but I still love it.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I took a road trip two summers ago through Baltimore, Cooperstown, Vermont and eventually into Maine and ended up spending two days in Portland. Fell in love with the place pretty quickly. Definitely want to get back.

Ice9 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted